Archive for April, 2009
“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
Welcome to the second quarterly roundup of the latest thinking and developments around leadership, HR, innovation, talent management and organisational development. I have tried to pick out the most interesting or thought provoking of the high volume of articles, surveys, blogs and webcasts. In this issue, articles and examples have been included from the likes of Capital One, CFO.com, Cisco, McKinsey, Microsoft, Harvard Business School and Towers Perrin.
Summary for Q1 2009
Unsurprisingly, the financial crisis is still uppermost in people’s minds and new ideas and insights are slowly emerging, interestingly not always from organisations which one would term the “HR establishment”. Over and above this, other themes for this quarter include;
- Leadership development is going nowhere fast
- HR’s relevance to an organisation’s success
- HR acting more like a teenager, or not
- Command and control, enterprise 2.0 and amplified workers
- Successful recruitment via a self directing process
- A lack of creativity and death by data
- The big picture HR role
- Innovation, change and new ideas
As always any comments and feedback are welcome!